34. The number of children every single hour in the U.S. that are forced into prostitution right here on our own domestic soil. Freedom should be celebrated and cherished, help us spread awareness for America's Forsaken Generation this upcoming July 4th in your own neighborhood and community. Walk for 34 minutes to celebrate Freedom for All. "
On July 4th we are asking you to spend 34 minutes of your time doing something you likely do every single day....walking. You can walk anytime you want, we recommend starting your walk 1 hour prior to your cities largest Fireworks display. Or you can participate in the 'virtual' walk here on Facebook by simply posting a picture or video on your page and ours !
How? You won't believe how easy this is!
1. Wear a red t-shirt (Red signifies love, passion; it also means a vital force.)
2. Make a sign that says "Every hour 34 children in the U.S. are forced into prostitution, visit forsakengeneration.com to help".
3. Then go walk ! walk by yourself, walk with friends, walk with whoever you like, just simply go and walk for 34 minutes.
4. Don't want to actually walk? that's ok! wear the shirt, make the sign and you can walk 'virtually' by taking a pic and uploading to your Facebook page as well as posting here on our event page, and to our Fan page:http://www.facebook.com/forsakengeneration
If you use Twitter the hashtag for the day of the event is #freedomwalk
This isn't just a walk, it' a movement, so we want to share it with the whole world to show how many people care about this. So after you get done walking we need you to just do us one more favor, we'll give you a few options, you only have to pick one!
1. Upload a picture
2. Take a video
3. Tell us a story, why are you walking?
Whichever one you choose, simply post it here on the Facebook event page and our fan page. And then watch as the pictures, videos and stories start pouring in throughout the day. Whatever you post, make sure you tell us where you are from! At the end we'll make a list of every city that participated !!
As a nation we will stand together with one voice for these children who have no voice.